Saturday 4 June 2011

Summer Brief

Over the summer, I have been briefed to start a personal project. Preferably on something that I am really interested in and that I would like to spend around 4 weeks on. Note to self: do NOT include ALL the things that your are interested in. Next... how to pick 1 thing of interest out of my list of hundreds?
Things I am currently considered (please note that this could change at any time with my wide ranging interests getting bigger by the day!)
1. Exploring textiles - inspiration Marit Fujiwara, lamp shade covers, cushions
2. Furniture restoration - inspiration Laurence Llywellyn Bowen and Auction Party, ITV, reupholstering chairs
3. Cake - exploration of texture, taste and aesthetic
4. Travelling - trip to Tunisia 3 weeks ago and Madrid on Monday 06/06
5. Alexander Girad, Eduardo Paolozzi, Style Bubble blog
6. Decay - metal decay, human decay, rust
7. Print - newspapers, magazines, literature in general
8. Melted carrier bags, Katy Aston, Claire Caudwell
My list is endless, let's hope that the adventure to Madrid helps to narrow it down some ...

No comments:

Post a Comment