With a severe kidney infection and a weeks stay in hospital behind me, it's about time I started blogging again and to make a pact, that from now on I will try to post at least twice a week.
The last month has seen me plough through a heap of work and I will try avidly to share it with you.
Firstly, was a project to design a product unique and personal to me incorporating a design or pattern used in the summer project. Fortunately I had a design that I was happy with:
The horse above is a horse shaped baking tray which was cut from an Ikea catalogue. I liked the cimple shape and the way it fit with Craig-Martin's simple technique.
I scanned this into Illustrator to make a vector and from there made some lovely patterns which I was to print onto some lush fabric to make a cushion (photo's to follow!!)
I then did some more horse shaped lino cuts in flock and glitter lino which I heated onto the fabric to create more new shapes (by overlaying them)
My overall result is good but not excellent. There are many areas I would change if I were to attack this brief over. I have decided therefore to assign this brief to myself again with a seven week slot either later in the year or next year. I aim to re-do the cushion (maybe with a different design etc.) with matching lamp and chair.