Thursday 18 November 2010

I started my 'painting' phase the other day, a rule which I stuck to! I am very impressed with myself. This organisation will pay off yet!
Portraits are something that I've never truly felt comfortable with, so I'm trying out my technique and being proactive for a change! The top one is of my Dad and the sketch is of James. I think that the paint is good as a base but more definition needs applying on top. I have no idea how to go about doing that or even which type of paint would be reqired or if artists even mix their type of paint. I will therefore do some research around this too and which type of paint is best for which purpose. I don't want to be painting just for the sake of painting, I want it to be done properly.
I miss James very much as I'm sure you can imagine, I've tried to keep my personal life out of my blog as much as I can, but I have started to paint and sketch quite a few of our happy times together, and now I know he's coming home I have good reason to carry on! hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment