Sunday 5 December 2010

Now I'm told that my 'conflict' is not a conflict but a 'problem'. I need to find a conflict, one where people are not talking and the aim is to get them talking.

I really am starting to despise this brief ... it is not illustration! After the last brief and my low mark, I was really looking forward to getting stuck into something with some substance. I feel that I am producing work because I have to and not because and want to and because I enjoy it anymore. It is such a shame, last year the briefs were fun and accessible, this year they are mundane and about as far away from art as you could get.

Concentrating on my new conflict then - I have decided on Muslims vs. BNP. This is definitely a conflict where two opposing thought paths do not talk. In a way, for me, it is two cultures that clash. British Nationals want to keep the British identity and don't look at what others can offer. Muslims don't understand the keeping of the Bitish culture but their homelands would not allow Christianity to become the dominant religion. It will no doubt be a sensitive issue but I think I could access first hand information from Muslim's that I work with.

My first step will be to devise a questionnaire for Muslim's and one for BNP followers. From their answers I will be able to see what it is that they don't see eye to eye over the most. With it being a majorly cultural conflict my solution will probably be based around food, clothing or music etc.

Looking at things on another level, I could have a look at Muslim/Indian art to see what is different in comparison to British and also ask the Muslim's what artists they like.

No comments:

Post a Comment