Sunday 4 July 2010

Cuban Charm






During my stay in Cuba, I had the opportunity to look at some charming Cuban art work. I was particularly drawn to the vibrancy of the colours used, they are just not something I am used to seeing in typical European art. The photographs that I have uploaded are of prints that were hung in our room. The attention to detail in these works is immacluate and is further highlighted by the intricacy of the lines.

Typically, the artwork in Cuba focuses on animals and nature orientated subjects. The typical media of choice and the one which is most widely available is oil paint on very thick paper made from banana leaves. If the artist is wealthier they will have access to thin fabrics. I think that this gives the art work more authenticity and makes it more genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment